Friday, August 18, 2006

Another catalog

McFarland, the publisher of my upcoming biography of Red Faber, today notified me that my book is listed in its Fall 2006 catalog. (It was also previously listed in its baseball catalog.) The listing is on page 29.

Unfortunately, the publisher repeated the outdated reference to Faber's heroics in the 1917 World Series as "the last time the Chicago White Sox won it all." That was accurate when I wrote it in my proposal -- but the 2005 White Sox made that statement inaccurate. I pointed that out to McFarland when the baseball catalog was released, but obviously no change was made. Oh, well. Not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things. The real baseball students know all that.

Anyway, this is some indication that my project is still on McFarland's radar. I still await page proofs. And wait. And wait. If the book is to be released in November, as per the previous catalog, those proofs have to be arriving soon.

No comments: