Saturday, February 24, 2007

Red whited-out

My Red Faber presentation and book-signing was dealt an icy blow this afternoon. Wintry weather – with a blizzard warning issued – doomed my appearance at the Borders bookstore in Dubuque.

The only thing that could have made it worse would have been having no one show up while the weather was perfect.

Anyway, I scraped the thin layer of ice off the windshield, drove the few blocks to Borders and faced the expected – zero attendance. Actually, it wasn’t a total shutout. Gary Gansemer, an acquaintance of many years and a White Sox fan, showed up to have me sign the book he bought at Borders a few days earlier. We ended up talking about Faber, the White Sox and baseball research for the balance of the hour. A fun way to spend a snowy afternoon.

The folks at Borders want to have me back – probably in April. The weather will be better then – won’t it?

No comments: